Why Don’t We Get Monthly Medicare Checks Like Social Security?

 

Long, long ago (“in a galaxy far, far away”), I was a schoolboy near Liverpool, England. In 1960, I won the Old Wallaseyans Stumps Speeches Debating Trophy. It was nice to win, but the really good part was that in the final round, I beat my brother Stewart. He and I competed for everything from grades and awards to girls. Now fifty-five years later, I need to fall back on debating style to raise an important question about Medicare.

Point No. 1: Entitlements Are Free

An entitlement is a right to have or to do something. Such a right is granted to you by God or by the government. (Often, the latter thinks it is the former.) You pay nothing for an entitlement. Indeed, that is a hallmark of an entitlement — it is free.

Read more...

Visit “Fixing US Healthcare” for more Info!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will 2020 Americans Celebrate the Fourth of July by Repudiating 1776?

How to Fix American Healthcare: Kick Out Washington

More coverage doesn't necessarily translate into better patient care